We are currently not accepting applications for the following positions:
Mental Health Therapist
Job Purpose: Provide therapeutic and educational services to individuals, groups, and families including young children and adult family members.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain direct service unit expectations (full-time = 968 units per year).
- Provide counseling to individuals, couples and families in order to effect change for growth and healing.
- Establish and lead therapeutic groups for specific problem areas.
- Design and deliver educational/therapeutic workshops, classes or programs to meet the identified needs of groups.
- Assist in the promotion of agency services, workshops and classes.
- Assume responsibility for building and maintaining a referral base and caseload.
- Collaborate with other community professionals working with clients.
- Provide consultation for churches, schools, organizations and communities in areas related to behavioral health and family life.
- Follow agency policies and procedures.
- Integrates cultural considerations into service delivery.
- Develop a positive working relationship with area County Boards of Mental Health, probation, Diversion, state criminal justice system, and HHSS/DHS.
Record Keeping is an important skill and main function of the job.
Therapists are expected to:
- Maintain accurate, written clinical records of services provided per established agency/COA standards.
- Timely completion of any provider enrollment forms and reports needed for third party payers or other outside entities.
- Collect client fees and ensure services have prior authorization.
- Ensure services provided are billable and coded properly.
- Maintain documentation of supervision with clinical supervisor/supervising practitioner, when applicable.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college in a human service program which provided preparation for professional counseling.
- Licensure as a mental health practitioner in the State of Nebraska.
- Experience working with children and families impacted by child sexual abuse and with very young children preferred.
- Personal convictions which are comparable with the philosophy and goals of the Agency.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to work with persons of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license, proof of liability insurance and ability to drive for Agency business.
- Commitment to the mission of Hill Counseling and Consulting, P.C.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to: Hill Counseling and Consulting Hiring Manager →